Tag In A Haunted Parlor


The lovely Lady M, whose blog of macabre goodness, Lady M's Haunted Parlor, was kind enough to think of me when it came to playing a bit of tag. I always equate the game of tag with this scene from El Orfanto, so how could I possibly refuse?


First up, there are rules. Here they are:

1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 3 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you have tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 3 people!

Things of random pertaining to me. They may or may not be true. Here you go:

1. I know how to dispel most types of evil using common household kitchen implements. 

2. I am currently studying Parapsychology at the Rhine Research Center out of Duke University.

3. I watch Picnic At Hanging Rock each year, on Valentine's Day. 



4. I authored a book on modern music in primitive societies.

5. I am hoping to teach a puppetry workshop at Dragon Con this year.
6. In The Goonies, Corey Feldman's character is wearing a Purple Rain shirt because I happen to adore Prince.
7. I have more comic books than you.

8. Currently, my favorite shows on TV are Korean Dramas. How can you not love shows with titles like, "Pretty Lady ChitChat" or "Mom's Dead Upset?" Impossible.

9. At my last job, my colleagues were all convinced, (all unbeknownst to me), that I was a regular in an 80's TV show as a child and that I was, indeed, Punky Brewster.

10. They were partly right.


The following are Lady M's queries for me:

1. If you had only one day in your life you could live again, what would it be? Would you change anything?

If you had asked me this question a little over two weeks ago, I would have provided a very different answer. On Saturday, January 21st we arrived home to discover our beloved little dog had been killed, (which is why I haven't been updating). Someone entered our yard (we suspect the meter reader?), who did not lock the gate and she got out and was hit by a car. The driver did not stop.
The mailman heard it happen, grabbed a couple neighbors and went to inspect. Luckily, the neighbors took her to an animal hospital a block away from us where they assured us she was made as comfortable and pain free as possible but she only lasted an hour.

Right now, that is the day I want a do-over for. There are a number of things I could change and I think about it all the time….

2. Who are the five people you would most like to dine with - dead or alive?

Shirley Jackson, The Fox sisters, J.B Rhine, Stephen Sondheim

3. What is your favorite way to spend a totally free Saturday?

Living in LA there are always amazing events and things going on. Off the top of my head let's say brunch at The Raymond in South Pasadena with a quick visit to The Curio Emporium and Gold Bug. The afternoon is spent at The Museum Of Jurassic Technology with tea in the Tula Tea Room, (if I'm really lucky Tula the Borzoi will be there). Maybe a show at Largo after grabbing the best hot dog ever at Chili Addiction next door, and finally a midnight showing of The Room. 





Stuff for a Saturday -

The Raymond - originally the caretakers cottage of an opulent hotel which burned to the ground. The food is amazing and the patio, especially in Spring, is exceedingly beautiful.
http://www.theraymond.com/

Chili Addiction - Seriously, the best hot dogs ever and great service. http://www.chiliaddiction.com/

Gold Bug - an upscale cabinet of curiosities. http://goldbugpasadena.com/

The Curio Emporium - Check out my earlier post about this wonderful oddities shop! http://www.thecurioemporium.com/

The Museum Of Jurassic Technology - my favorite place in all of Los Angeles. http://www.mjt.org/

Largo - I guess I would describe Largo like it's kinda my idea of "church." It isn't the same since they moved from the original location on Fairfax but, much of the magic still carries over to this legendary place. For a glimpse of the history making that has gone down in Largo's walls, check out the doc trailer http://www.largo-la.com/


The Room - Most of you are probably already familiar with the adjective defying brainchild of Tommy Wiseu. In LA we do it up right every month in what can only be described as a new generation's version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. So much fun you'll want to go every month.


And...of course please visit Lady M's Haunted Parlor - http://ladymhauntedparlor.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Merricat - This is an amazing blog and so worth waiting for. You are one of the most interesting and original people I have ever come across. What a Saturday! That could be a movie or a book or a travel guide! Thanks for the shout out but compared to this well, I am not worthy! On a sadder note, I am so sorry about your dog -what a terrible tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much - that's one of my favorite compliments ever :)

    ReplyDelete